[pct-l] Williamson attempting to regain unsupported PCT

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Sat Sep 7 12:21:42 CDT 2013

[pct-l] Williamson attempting to regain unsupported PCT *Diane Soini*
dianesoini at gmail.com
<mailto:pct-l%40backcountry.net?Subject=%5Bpct-l%5D%20Williamson%20attempting%20to%20regain%20unsupported%20PCT&In-Reply-To=mailman.3.1377622802.82480.pct-l%40backcountry.net>
/Tue Aug 27 13:25:49 CDT 2013/

On the general subject of speed or other records, I think they are
actually kinda stupid.
-----------------------------

Diane,
They are not as stupid as you think.
Crazy,.....perhaps.....but not stupid.

In nature not all things are created equal.
Some of us are borne with 4 cylinders, some of us are born with 8 cylinders.
There are rabbits and there are tortoises.
The 4 cylinders and the tortoises will forever argue that the 8
cylinders and
the rabbits are going to fast and not enjoying their journey.

Who is to say that the 4 cylinders and the tortoises are enjoying their
journey
more than the 8 cylinders and the rabbits?
I say let each travel at  their own chosen speed and enjoy their journey
their
own way.

I have been a rabbit and a tortoise and enjoyed my journeys either way.

There is something to be said about and great satisfaction in setting
extreme
goals and then pushing your body to the limit to achieve those goals.

Diane, you may not understand this, but Scott, Joe, Brian, Adam, Andy,
Anish,
Josh, and many others on this list do understand.
Besides, the aches and the pains will soon be forgotten, but the
memories,...
aaahhhh....THE  MEMORIES.....they will last a life time.

I like the way Radar and Brian ones put it.
Radar said..."Why must there be a right way and a wrong way to hike the
trail"?

Yes,....I ask you.....WHY?

Brian once told me......"Reinhold, some folks don't understand
us......they don't
understand the crazy things we do...........BUT  WE  CRAZY ONES..........
WE  UNDERSTAND  EACH  OTHER."

JMT Reinhold
One of the crazy ones