[pct-l] Courage under Fire

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Mon Sep 2 13:53:37 CDT 2013

Say Dennis,
In the military we call that "Courage under Fire".

However, Scott is no fool and knows when to retreat.
On his 2012 record attempt he wisely got of the trail in N. Oregon after
only 13
days, due to forest fires, and then went to hike the "Sierra High Route"
instead
and ironically spend several hours dumping water to putt out a
smoldering wild
fire that had crept out of a unextinguished fire ring.

I have a picture of Scott dumping water on that smoldering wild fire.

JMT Reinhold
Dennis wrote:
If you look at the DVD "tell it on the mountain" where Scott Williamson
is one
of the participants; fire trail closures didn't seem to slow him down.
He went right through them.
Dennis