[pct-l] Bikes on the PCT

Nick Thelen nthelen03 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 29 11:46:47 CDT 2013

JoAnn Wrote:
"... Also try “The Impact of Mtn. Biking on Wildlife and People” by Michael J. Vandeman, Ph.D.
Google this subject and find what real passion is all about.
The PCT is in my soul and I will protect it, as needed. "

JoAnn,

I am not sure if you realize that Mike V was convicted of assaulting MTB'rs, spent time in jail and is now currently
banned from his local trails and has a permanent record. He is not a thug, he is in his 60's and has a PhD.

He is simply a mentally disturbed person that's crossed the line from discussing to open and aggravated violence...
with saws and screwdrivers....

Aligning yourself with him may not be a very good idea...

But of course when you write this 11 years ago:
"And yes,throw any/all bikers off the trail and over the edge.  As far as
I'm concerned you'd get a reward not jail time...
JoAnn Michael
Region Coordinator, No CA, PCT Association"

Not very nice coming from a staffer of the PCTA...