[pct-l] synthetic quilt

Melanie Clarke melaniekclarke at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 09:01:47 CDT 2013

Dear Kristin,

I wrote Josh Harnette (The Vegan PCT speed record holder) and asked him the
same question. I'm Vegan but I sleep cold so I haven't been able to give up
my down bag yet. He suggested the synthetic bags by Mountain Hardware. It
is called their "Ultralamina series" They have a quilt option that goes to
32 degrees. Their UltraLamina 15 degree sleeping bag weighs 2 lbs 10
ounces.

Note to Chiefcowboy, How warm is Ray Jardine's synthetic bag? If there are
enough of us, I wonder if Zpacks would want to come up with a synthetic
ultralight version? Because they stay warm in wet conditions, I wonder if
non-Vegans would also want to use these?

Please give us "struggling Vegans" feedback on how these or other options
work for you! Please don't forget about us!

Toga