[pct-l] synthetic quilt

chiefcowboy at verizon.net chiefcowboy at verizon.net
Thu Oct 10 08:30:46 CDT 2013

I bought a synthetic quilt kit from Ray Jardine.  I have used it on both of
my thru hikes and absolutely love it. It weighs 1.5 pounds and goes into a
small stuff sack easily.  I augment it with a silk cocoon liner I bought
through Campmor for about $40.  It weighs 4 ounces and gives me an
additional 10 degrees warmth on those really cold nights.  The quilt costs
about $75 and I had it professionally sewn.  I have slept comfortably in 15
degree weather.