[pct-l] Paying for SAR

chiefcowboy at verizon.net chiefcowboy at verizon.net
Wed Oct 9 16:10:54 CDT 2013

As one who lives near Tenaya Canyon please be assured that IF a hiker needed
help in Tenaya that the Riverside County Sheriff - NOT the USFS would
activate Riverside Mountain Rescue Unit to drag them out.  As a matter of
fact, a friend of mine was plucked out of that exact area less than a month
ago when he became overcome by the heat.  RSO dispatched their helicopter
and he was picked up within 20 minutes of his request.