[pct-l] Fwd: Your Trail Angel Assistance, please.

Georgi Heitman bobbnweav at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 13:28:42 CDT 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <Jbarbiej at aol.com>
Date: Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Subject: Your Trail Angel Assistance, please.
To: bobbnweav at gmail.com

Oh, Oh, another missing hiker...
I received this message from a very dear friend.  CAN YOU HELP US,
PLEASE!!!!!
**
** * FireFly, this is Tadpole.  Two of my friends, Lori and Mary Alice, are
concerned about Lori's brother.  Another sister, Mary Ross is worried too.*
**
*My friends brother's name is Mike Cassells, no trail name, he made it to
Crater Lake and dropped out of sight. We wonder if anyone above Crater
Lake saw him and maybe knows where he was last seen, in case they have to
send out a search party.   With early snows in the Cascades, I'm concerned
too!*
**
*He picked up his last drop around Crater Lake and checked in with Lori at
that time--August 27.  He said he would need no more drops because the
hiker boxes were adequate, so they can't check to see if he picked up boxes
anymore.  He's not a blogger.  Prior to this, he checked in regularly.  I
understand that trail angels in Oregon and Washington are scarce, I'll be
talking to the two that FireFly knows of, but perhaps someone on this list
know of others and can get back to me.  FireFly will post this on the pct-l
list and Facebook.*
**
*Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.  Lori and Mary Alice
are two really nice/caring women.*
**
*My # 510-814-8380*
*Jbarbiej at aol.com*
**
**
**
**
*Details on Mike/Michael Cassels (pronounced Castles)  No known trail name.*
*Mike is 59 years old.*
*His weight is 130 or so.*
*Gray hair and gray beard.*
*His right pinky finger is broken so he can't straighten it all the way.*
*Mike began his hike on May 2nd, 2013 at Campo.*
*He was last heard from on Aug 27, 2013 as he was in the Crater Lake area.
That was more than 5 weeks ago from today 10/08/13.*
**
*Thanks for any help PCT Trail Angels!*
**
*Tell Mike to call his sisters in Alameda, CA!*
**
 *Lori Cassels*
*Mary Ross*
**
**
**
**

His right pinky hand is broken so he can't straighten it all the way.
Mike began his hike on May 2nd, 2013 at Campo.
He was last heard from on Aug 27, 2013 as he was in the Crater Lake area.
That was more than 5 weeks ago from today 10/08/13.
Thanks for any help PCT trail angels!
Lori Cassels
Mary Ross
Tell Mike to call his sisters in Alameda, CA!