[pct-l] Final Score

Charles Williams charlesnolie at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 21 18:42:00 CST 2013

So, I gave the saws back to the PCTA a week or so ago.  We worked in the Shasta-Trinity, Lassen, Plumas, and Tahoe National Forests.  Our mission was to log out the areas that aren't maintained by other groups (Forest Service fire crew or recreation folks, BCHC teams, and Lassen National Park).  In all it was lofty goal that would include nearly 200 miles of trail.  We didn't quite make it before the snow.  But we did manage to log out 140 miles.  That was some 560 trees by our group over the various projects this summer.

It seemed everywhere we went there was deferred maintenance.  We were logging out miles of trail that hadn't been worked on for many years.  We didn't get to everything I wanted to do, but we gave it the old "College Try"

So here's the score at the end of the season:
Volunteers: 560 (trees removed)
Trees:  3 (trees we left unsawn)

Looking forward to another great year next year.
Charles