[pct-l] Vacuum Sealing Issues

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 11:45:59 CST 2013

Ditto the food particles in the seal.  I haven't had rice ever puncture the
bags.  What has punctured them is really dry meat with sharp edges and raw,
really dry butternut squash.  It had very sharp edges.  I've gone through
two of the machines over the years and found that the old one simply didn't
get the edges hot enough to properly seal the bags.  The new machine I
bought before last year's CDT hike worked much better, sealing everything
except those that had the sharp edges, so it maybe the machine itself.  For
those bags that got punctured due to sharp meat or veggies, I simply beat
down the offending objects so they were not sharp anymore and put a new bag
on top of the first.  A bit of extra weight, but it worked.

Shroomer