[pct-l] message 10: Complaining about Mountain Biker picture on PCT

Nick Thelen nthelen03 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 19 12:24:37 CST 2013

Nate wrote:
"I think the exact phrase that will satisfy Nick is "Pretty please with sugar on top".
Years ago that was quite popular with the under-8 crowd, apparently it still is."

_______________________________

Funny :)

Niceties in society are easily forgotten when behind a keyboard.

A simple "I would appreciate your help as this image associating the PCT visually
with a user group currently not allowed on the trail can be misleading...and that
is not the intent of our group"...or something like that.

There is no concession about access, there is no "losing"...there is
a basic tenet in society of mutual respect...regardless if we disagree on a specific subject.

I personally offered advice to fix a small problem that has caused a seriously funny overreaction
from several of this lists members...and the price for that advice was to "ask nicely"...cost = $0.00

Removing the MTB image on the PCT group has zero benefit for me...but it does benefit y'all.

In any case - I suspect one of your group can figure out eventually...you'll smack yourself in the forehead when ya do.

Love,
Nick