[pct-l] Rain pants, rain kilt, wind pants, or nothing for the Sierra?

Joe Bernier joe_bernier at me.com
Wed May 29 13:45:51 CDT 2013

I carry a rain jacket and rain pants in the Sierra.

I think of them not only as protection from rain, but as part of a layering system for warmth. If you think of it this way, you might go with a lighter insulated jacket . . . maybe leave the long johns at home . . . if the rain jacket is breathable enough, skip the wind jacket . . . use a lighter bag/quilt and sleep with your breathable rain gear on cold nights . . .