[pct-l] Sawyer Squeeze

Michael Badger mbadger at mbadger.com
Tue May 28 14:57:13 CDT 2013

Hi Bunnyslayer,

I'm thru hiking this year, and am currently in Mojave. I've been using
the sawyer squeeze with no problem the entire way so far, with the
large bag that comes with it.

The only thing is that it can be difficult to get water into the bag
if there is not a good flow at the source. So, I have a Gatorade
bottle that I cut the bottom off of (leave the cap on). I use that to
scoop the water up and pour it into my bag. I then squeeze-filter it
into my bottles.

I also use the modified bottle to store the whole thing. I roll the
bag around the filter and put the whole thing into the bottle.

So far, so good and the bag hasn't broken on me.

Sphinx