[pct-l] Trekking Poles

Dan Jacobs youroldpaldan at gmail.com
Mon May 27 15:27:02 CDT 2013

On Sun, May 26, 2013 at 1:11 PM, Andrea Imholte <pteroflight at yahoo.com>wrote:

> My first question is about trekking poles. Might anybody have a
> recommendation for a set of poles that work well on the pct over the miles
> for women? (I'm about 5' 7" if that matters). Thanks and also thank you for
> this wonderful listserv!
>
> Andrea

First, please trim out the entire digest from your replies and/or posts.
This takes up quite a bit of bandwidth for some folks.

Many folks will steer you towards Leki poles, but I have been very happy
with the sub $30 carbon fiber poles I bought at Costco for my hikes near my
home. I do know that Costco has a "No questions asked" return policy, all
you have to say is that you are unhappy with the product, and ask for a
replacement. If you are already a Costco member, or know someone that is,
give them a try. For the price you probably can't go wrong, and can buy a
dozen for what some big names want for one pair.

Dan Jacobs
Washougal
--
"Loud motorcycle stereos save lives."