[pct-l] Siberian Husky on PCT

Diane Soini dianesoini at gmail.com
Tue May 21 08:07:16 CDT 2013

I usually don't join in the dog discussion since I have very little
experience with dogs. On one of my two long hikes of the PCT there
were two dogs. They both looked really very tired. One of them had
the hiker limp just like people. Anyway, that's not my point...

I wanted to suggest that perhaps you could just finish the trail with
your dog. Pick him up somewhere around Mt. Hood and hike to the
Canadian border. It would be a goal for you, something to look
forward to, and a big morale boost once you got him on trail with
you. Of course, you might have to slow your pace a bit at first so he
can get in shape. Knowing this might help you stay on time and not
waste time in So Cal with all the socializing. Lots of times people
want to join thru-hikers for a section so maybe someone could do this
for you and as a condition bring your dog to you. This will also help
you slow down a bit.

Good luck,
Diane "Piper" (had to change my email)