[pct-l] Blades Kick Off Social

North 350 Blades north350blades at gmail.com
Mon May 13 18:15:17 CDT 2013

We just want to thank all of you who came out on Saturday and made for a
really fine event.

It was quite refreshing to meet so many new folks. We ate up all the
burgers and did a fine job on the drinks, chips and cookies. Not so with
the potato and macoroni salad. Next year we will get less of those...way
less.

For you who were not there we had a hand-out that lists local opportunities
to volunteer through the PCTA. That hand-out is attached.

Of immediate special interest are three things.

1. We have openings for crosscut and chain-saw training on June 1 and 2.
Yes we use chainsaws outside the wilderness'

2. We are looking for folks who would like to do scouting in June and check
sections of THE trail for downed logs and other winter damage.

3. We are also looking for camp cook/hosts for several of our trips

If you are interested in any of these please email us with the particular
topic in the subject line and we'll get right back to you.

The work parties will soon be posted on the PCTA website where you will be
able to sign up.

Here's looking forward to a good year maintaining our treasure, the PCT.

Jim, Barry, Eric and Linda

--
*Photo is of Yakima Pass turnpike*

Facebook : *North 350 Blades*