[pct-l] 3rd Gate Crossing Water Cache

Craig Stanton craigstanton at mac.com
Mon May 13 20:18:59 CDT 2013

I think the general wisdom is to never assume a water cache will be stocked at the time you get there. If the trail angels missed a day, or a large herd of thirsty hikers gets there before you do, you don't want to be caught short. You could consider taking the side trail up there yourself and hiding some water elsewhere so that you can be sure someone else doesn't drink it first.

I'm doing a short section from Scissors Crossing to Warner Springs Jun 1.  I was wondering if the 3rd Gate water cache is still being stocked at that time. Does anyone have info about that or know of who to contact?  Thanks.

Still Lookin'