[pct-l] Ultalight trekking pole recommendations, plz

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Mon May 13 08:46:13 CDT 2013

I used Leki Makalu poles on my two hikes but now I use Gossamer Gear
Lighttrek poles. I have the non-adjustable kind. The mechanism
becomes fussy rather quickly and I would spend too much time being
annoyed with it. I decided I would buy non-adjustable poles at the
height that matches my tent in the future. Gossamer Gear does make
adjustable poles. I really don't think straps, springs and adjusting
is necessary. However, being non-collapsible, they are difficult to
transport. If I did another long hike I'd probably go back to
adjustables just so it's easier to get a ride in someone's car.