[pct-l] Boot selectio

Yoshihiro Murakami completewalker at gmail.com
Fri May 3 19:34:02 CDT 2013

Dear Chris

The selection of footwear and backpack is the most difficult task, because
every man differs hiking style,  physical form and physical strength.

I am a Japanese visitor, so I wear mountain boots. I frequently failed to
select boots. The weight of footwear is not so important as American hiker
believes.

My suggestion is: You should go to store, and wear these both boots, for
example,  the Keen for right foot, Asolo for left foot. And walk about for
several hours in a store. Then, your leg teach you the suitable boots.

In my case, I cannot find my size in Japan, so I buy several boots, and
test in real hiking, and select my main boots.  The bad boots are for every
day usage,  the good boots are for hiking usage.

The selection of insole is the same way. I insert one insole in the left
boot, another in the right boot, and walk about several hours. Then, my
legs teach me the right answer.