[pct-l] Leave No Trace - okay to bury TP?

CClark dr_carolyn at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 26 17:25:49 CDT 2013

 Sir Mixalot says <<a good cathole is the best compromise for the masses. “
I don’t think so.
When TP is buried in a cathole, animals dig it up, and soon
it is in plain sight of hikers.  Every summer
when I’m section-hiking, I see several disgusting piles of used TP that some
hiker didn’t have the courtesy to pack out (sometimes brown, sometimes yellow).
 If we can pack TP in,
we can pack it out.  Bring a small baggie
with baby powder in it for the used stuff.  Carry that in a larger baggie in your ditty bag with your trowel.
At each resupply, throw out the old baggie.  Send a new baggie with baby powder in every
resupply box.
It takes only a moment, and leaves the backcountry looking nice
for the next person.
Carolyn <SoulDoctor>