[pct-l] Wheat-free, dairy-free dinners

Paul Mitchell paul at bluebrain.ca
Mon Mar 25 23:51:59 CDT 2013

Tricky combo, diet restrictions and resupply as-you-go.

Instant rice is something you can find fairly often and while it's certainly
not something I'd eat at home, it sure is convenient and can be tasty with
the right additions out there.

Rice noodles are also as tasty as whatever you add to them and are
convenient.  A few nuts from your GORP, a packet of peanut butter, packet of
hot sauce, packet of soy sauce - instant thai noodles.  :)

The thing with food sensitivities is that once you cut those foods out of
your diet for any length of time, you are FAR more sensitive to them if you
ever re-introduce them - your tolerance goes down, generally the case for
anybody, sensitivities or not when it comes to dairy, gluten, etc.  Just a
thought, but for the sake of not being too restricted once you're out there,
maybe put off cutting those things out of your diet until after the hike if
it's not causing you serious problems now?

Cheers,
Potential 178