[pct-l] First Aid Kit

Gary Minetti gary.minetti at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 07:19:18 CDT 2013

Most useful: Leukotape

This is a sports/medical tape that has an exceptionally strong adhesive and high tensile strength.  It is used for taping - including shoulders.  In my experience, it does not lose its effectiveness when soaking wet.  It can easily be removed without tearing off your hair/skin.

I was fortunate and had no blisters last year - I did use it to tape several fellow hikers- some with nasty blisters - all raved about it's effectiveness.  I did use it with some left foot tendonitis - I was able to wrap up and comfortably keep walking.  I also used it after a knee weak.  Again, wrap up and kept walking.  It did a great job with those annoying skin cracks on my thumbs just above the nail line.

It is expensive ($9. - $12. on the net). And, a roll is heavy - but in my opinion, Leukotape can serve as a multi-purpose substitute for ace bandages, other medical tape, band aids, mole skin, etc.  Not often carried by your typical chain pharmacy - is carried by some medical supply stores.

I left Campo with a full roll and used almost all of it.

Gman