[pct-l] Kickoff experiences

Full Name 2heeldr at myway.com
Mon Mar 18 21:58:58 CDT 2013

Hi all, Was able to attend in 09 , it got fairly cold one night and yes there was a few drinking, but nothing wild,
I had a beer myself when I got in Friday .The whole event was well structured and everyone pretty friendly.
National Geographic was there filming, but I never heard or saw any thing they shot there. I would go to another
if I had the time, both days , try to hike in on Thursday or at least start Thursday and arrive Friday morning.
You can learn from the classes and just talking with people. A hiker showed me a water facet on the side of a hill.
He knew right where it was and I would still be looking for it, At desert view on the side of the hill. Met a few people
on the trail going in and would stay with them until scissors crossing.
Depending on how cold it is , it is a fairly nice place to stay,