[pct-l] kick off time

Junaid Dawud jdawud at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 14:52:57 CDT 2013

This is a pretty normal plan. Since it IS normal though, there will be ALOT of hikers leaving the KO Sunday or Monday morning. If you can, I'd highly suggest starting early enough that you can make it to Mt. Laguna or Warner Springs and catch a ride back to the KO for Friday and Saturday, maybe Sunday. Then catch a ride back up to ML/WS.

Otherwise you will be camped with lots of hikers the first couple of weeks and you may opt for dry camps because of crowding at water sources.

If you can't bump up your start date (tickets already purchased, etc) though, I'd suggest getting dropped at the KO Saturday, hang out, then get dropped at the border early Sunday and hike back to the KO (there are rides to the border from the KO). Camp at the Casa de Luna site, hike out early Monday.

That's my $0.02

----Speshul 41