[pct-l] Just Wondering (FYI about Sasquatch & "Flip Flop Flippin' 2)

Mary Kwart mkwart at gci.net
Fri Mar 15 13:11:09 CDT 2013

Related to the Monte Dodge story about Bigfoot in 1977--that was a big
year for Bigfoot stories. I worked in Hayfork on the Shasta Trinity
National Forest in northern California at that time. One of the guys
on my crew said he tracked a Bigfoot with his dog--he followed the
tracks for miles, then they just disappeared, like the creature
evaporated. Everyone on the crew ( mostly locals) believed in some
kind of a Bigfoot-like creature and could tell a story about a near
encounter--particularly the smell.

There was a life size wooden statue of Bigfoot in Willow Creek that we
would stop at to pay our respects when we drove out to the coast on
Hwy 299. It had a hole in it's left fist that use to contain a club,
which was missing. One time we left a beer can in the hole as a joke
and caught major crap for this from the locals.

--Fireweed