[pct-l] Poison Oak/Ivy & Poodle-Dog Bush on the PCT

tom aterno nitnoid1 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 14 06:50:49 CDT 2013

The stems do contain the oil after the leaves drop in the fall.  I used to mountain bike in Penasquitos Canyon in San Diego county, on a single track trail.  I used to get streaks of poison oak on my legs (reddish itchy streaks) and I couldn't understand where it came from.  I didn't realize until to late that those seemingly harmless sticks alongside the trail were actually PO in its winter regalia.

The Incredible Bulk