[pct-l] Newbie Question: How Can I Support Trail Angels?

Frederick Baier frederickbaier at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 10 17:24:15 CDT 2013

Aloha All,  Since I've resumed my backpacking passion after a 25 year hiatus, and am planning a Sec A hike for late Mar/early April, was wondering how the community supports trail angels (collectively and individually)? ...I see that they do some marvelous stuff and since I do hope to avail myself of some of the water in the caches along Sec A, it seems appropriate to give back/ encourage/ support. I have a full time job that prevents a thru-hike (and I like my job and I want to keep my job, being mid-50s makes it tough to get one these days, then again, I work for the government and may lose it anyway!), but it does allow me to contribute a bit. So please, any thoughts on a reputable/legitimate way to assist? I'll resist the pleas to send blank checks :) Aloha, Fritz Aiea, HI