[pct-l] instant peanut butter mix

Jim & Jane Moody moodyjj at comcast.net
Sun Mar 10 16:32:03 CDT 2013

Day-Late,

I think I started with a semi-recipe, then just kinda eye-balled it based on how much of each component I had left. I started with about 1/2 cup peanut powder, a couple of tablespoons of honey crystals, same with Nido, and 1 Tbsp of coconut powder.  I remember upping the coconut powder because the taste wasn't strong enough.  If you like it sweeter, use more honey crystals.  Mix up a small batch, add water, let it "brew" for an hour or so, then try it.  A djust to your own taste.

The peanut butter powder came from Provident Pantry, an LDS supplier that sells a lot of freeze-dried, dehydrated, and similar long-life products.  I bought a #10 can size, 1.25 kg.  The website is www.beprepared.com .  My only complaint with it is that it tastes a little scorched.

My honey crystals came from The Barry Farm, www.barryfarm.com .  Be careful if searching for HC online - many of what are labelled "honey crystals" are  mostly cane sugar with a little honey mixed in.  If you're gonna pay for honey crystals, make sure you get it.

Nido comes from Kroger and lots of other places, which I'm sure you know.  I bought the coconut milk powder from www.willpowder.com .  When available, I would sometimes add olive oil for the fat.  And freeze-dried b erries, freeze-dried strawberries, bacon bits, ...

Dicentra, if you're lurking, feel free to share this with your readers; it's not copyrighted.

Mango