[pct-l] Dehydrating canned chicken/tuna

dicentra dicentragirl at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 11 17:01:47 CDT 2013

I am going to give you three answers. :)

1. USDA says to store dried foods in the freezer for up to 6 months.

2. I store my dried chicken at room temperature in glass canning jars. Use within one year. (I mix it 50/50 with TVP but that is for cost not storage)

3. Warner Springs Monty is still eating meals (with all kinds of various dried ingredients) that I made for him 2-3 years previous. They are in regular (not ziplock) bags, stored at room temperature.

I hope that helps.

~Dicentra

http://www.onepanwonders.com ~ Backcountry Cooking at its Finest
http://www.freewebs.com/dicentra