[pct-l] Cooking Methods

Jeffrey Olson jolson at olc.edu
Mon Mar 11 10:54:39 CDT 2013

Ihaven't been following this thread closely so pardon me if this has
been covered.  I have not put food in a pot in years. Bothcold
breakfasts and hot dinners are eaten out a quart ziploc baggie.  I
remember what a hassle it was to hydrate food in  a pot, eat it out of
it, and then find a place to wash it.  I don't always camp near water
and using a pot to cook in lessens the likelihood of this option
working.  Chained to water is what it is.

If you combine the effort of washinga pot with fuel used, IMHO it's
better to heat water and soak the food in the quart ziploc.

Jeffrey Olson
Rapid City, SD