[pct-l] SF Chronicle Column - David Einstein

Jeffrey Olson jolson at olc.edu
Sun Mar 10 23:32:21 CDT 2013

I'm not endorsing - just passing along...

Jeff

*Power hiking, part two:* In answering a question from someone who
wanted to buy an e-reader or tablet for her husband to take on a hike of
the Pacific Coast Trail, I suggested that he should also take along an
AC charger so he could charge the thing up when he replenished his
supplies in towns near the trail. Another option I should have mentioned
is a solar charger. Affordable lightweight chargers compatible with most
tablets and e-readers include the Kiwi U-Powered Solar/USB Portable
Charger (from $37 online) and the GPX Tablet & Mobile Phone
Solar-Powered Charger (around $43 from Kohls.com).