[pct-l] Emergency Idea

Naps.On.Trail Naps.On.Trail at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 11:03:11 CST 2013

I recently returned from living in West Africa. As I was sorting through my
things in preparation to leave, a friend asked for my dead batteries.

"Whatever for?" I asked.

"Ah," he said, "The African man is very clever. We peel off the outer
layer, set it in the sun, and it will charge. It will work once or twice to
do this."

I've seen it done. I don't know how it works--but if you're out of juice,
it might be worth a try. Skin it while leaving the structure intact so it
can be placed back into whatever device you are using. I'm not sure what
toxins might be involved but I think we're over cautious in this
regard--particularly in an emergency. Never saw anyone die from it...

Naps-On-Trail