[pct-l] Irresponsible March 1st (a week late) Sierra Entry Prediction

shon mcganty smcganty at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 8 10:54:22 CST 2013

Note: the auther, Greg Hummel, gave Caveats.

Things can change in the interim.  More snow could fall and a cool spring would leave less melted.  At first I wasn't so sure I agreed with someone simply changing the "Ray Day" to an earlier time.  What I'm want to convey is that just because someone says the "Ray Day" should be this exact day doesn't mean everyone whould clamber to get to Kennedy Meadows by that day and get into the Sierras.  I'd like to see the trail be more staggered, people spred out.  It's still just fine to enter mid or late June.  If someone says the "Ray Day" could be June 1st (given the currrent trend of a low snow year hold up), then that is the earliest a thru-hiker, who's well equipt and ready for the long wild and high passes, should be leaving KM.