[pct-l] Plantar Fasciitis?

Rod Miller rod at rodmiller.com
Tue Mar 5 12:14:53 CST 2013

On 3/4/13 7:54 AM, Brittany Nunnink wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> So I'm dealing with Plantar Fasciitis -- from what I gather a relatively
> mild case of it, but even so... I went for a non strenuous walk yesterday
> and that flared it up enough to feel soreness in my heel for the evening.
> I'm really really nervous now with only about two months to go before the
> hike (planning a NOBO thru-hike).  I've spoken with friends, doctors, and
> PT's and the treatment I know is rest, ice, heat, stretch, and massage --
> all of which I'm doing, but I hear this can take many months, and I'm
> nervous if it's not 100% healed before I go, has anyone heard of
> thru-hikers doing this with plantar's fasciitis, or is it guaranteed to put
> a stop to this big walk?
>
> Would love any feedback, suggestions you may have!!
>
> Thanks!
> Brittany

I have had PF too. Got rid of it by simple stretching.
Don't know if the below stretch is one you are doing.

Lean forward and place both hands against a wall. Put one
foot forward, knee bent. Other foot is behind you
in a straight line with your spine, flat on the floor.
Feel the stretch down the back of your calf.
Work up to 30 seconds, go longer if you want. Do both
feet. My PF was gone in a week and hasn't returned; I
do those stretches about 4 times a week.

Don't know if there are different causes of PF. The
above certainly works for what I had.

Rod

--

Custom 2-rail O Scale Models: Drives,  |   O Scale West / S West
Repairs, Steam Loco Building, More     |   2014 Meet is Feb 6 - 8