[pct-l] Plantar Fasciitis?

Brittany Nunnink bnunnink at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 09:54:42 CST 2013

Hi All,

So I'm dealing with Plantar Fasciitis -- from what I gather a relatively
mild case of it, but even so... I went for a non strenuous walk yesterday
and that flared it up enough to feel soreness in my heel for the evening.
I'm really really nervous now with only about two months to go before the
hike (planning a NOBO thru-hike).  I've spoken with friends, doctors, and
PT's and the treatment I know is rest, ice, heat, stretch, and massage --
all of which I'm doing, but I hear this can take many months, and I'm
nervous if it's not 100% healed before I go, has anyone heard of
thru-hikers doing this with plantar's fasciitis, or is it guaranteed to put
a stop to this big walk?

Would love any feedback, suggestions you may have!!

Thanks!
Brittany