[pct-l] Bleach vs. aqua Mira

Robert Henry rrh.henry at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 09:05:28 CST 2013

I used 2-part liquid Aqua Mira drops to treat water.  I didn't notice
any smells or bad tastes. I was never sick on the trail.  You can now
buy Aqua Mira in CA, as the company has changed their labeling to meet
both Federal and CA EPA requirements.

One precautionary note:  The phosphoric acid "Part B" is an acid, and
if spilled and not washed away immediately, will burn holes through
nylon, as I found out the hard way.  I also knocked over the small
mixing cap several times in the course of the hike, to see my
hard-carried chemicals drain away uselessly into the soil.