[pct-l] Horse encounter with illegal MTBs

Mark Hyams markhyams at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 23 21:11:39 CDT 2013

Unbelievable. I was hiking the Bergen Peak trail in Evergreen, CO today,
and it was packed with people: hikers and bikers. Biking is allowed there,
but with clear signs saying they must yield to horses AND hikers. I must
have passed 40 or 50 bikers today, and NOT ONE, yielded. Every time I had
to move a bit out of the way. I even saw a biker blow by a family that had
a hiking toddler. If I had seen even one courteous biker today my opinion
would change, but that didn't happen. I'm not sure what to do to help the
situation. It bums me out.

Mark