[pct-l] trail conditions section N-O

Charles Williams charlesnolie at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 23 19:29:52 CDT 2013

hiker 2009 and all,
Happy to report we met up with the offending trees from this trail report of Peavine Creek to Burney Falls State Park in section O.  To quote somebody that I think was famous for having said it..."We have met the enemy and they are ours".  Was that Perry?

We have now cleared all the way from Lassen National Park to Peavine Creek in Section O with only one exception:  The 60 incher near Screwdriver Creek.  Turns out the "sailor" is "only" 56 inches.  But not to dispair, it is in gentle country with few other trees to get around on the slope so it is an easy "get around" for horse and hiker.  I'll return to the scene when I can round up another qualified individual and remove the beast.  And for those that like to count...the score is now:

The Quincy Area Maintainers: 176 (trees cleared)
vs.
The Blowdowns:  1 (the sailor)

And still to come...reports of success from, hopefully,
1) the BCHC Sutter Buttes Unit's "ride and saw" from Belden to Hwy 36 finishing the job this Thursday.
2) the 85 mile section ride and saw (and a hiker too) from Jackson Meadows Reservoir to Buck's Summit...Not too late for a hiker or horseman to join the crew...July 3 thru 13ish.  Because, hey, if I didn't promote my own trips who would?
3) Hwy 36 to Lassen National Park who knows when, but definitly this summer.

Enough gratuitous self promotion for now...but obviously I'm proud of what I do.

QuincyRider