[pct-l] Hello

Rob Flynn rob.flynn at live.com
Mon Jun 17 17:55:51 CDT 2013

It will probably be hard to do, but I would mostly try to learn stuff as you
go.  Don't read too many journals, books, emails, blogs, etc beforehand.  I
mean, you can if you want, but I personally like having some mystery about
what's ahead.  I would recommend that you get Yogi's Guide and Halfmile's
maps, but wait until closer to your hike, for updates.  Yogi's gives a lot
away for sure, but maybe just read the resupply book and leave the trail
book for the trail.  Go to kickoff and soak everything in.  It's quite
possible to literally go out there clueless and just talk to people and
learn what you need along the way, but then you run the risk of annoying
other hikers with your lack of preparation and reliance on others.  So some
middle ground is probably best.

Good luck with your preparation!

Inspector Gadget