[pct-l] Asolo sunset shoes

Diane Soini dianesoini at gmail.com
Sun Jun 16 17:36:10 CDT 2013

When I was making my way to Canada I stopped in to the REI in Seattle
for some new shoes. The only thing I had to wear was my (washed but
stained) worn out thru-hiking outfit, so obviously I was a hiker of
some sort. I told the salesman that I wanted some lightweight
breathable mesh trail runners to try on that would fit my wide feet.
He brought me out a stack of heavy leather waterproof goretex boots.
What part of "lightweight breathable mesh trail runners" was unclear?
I finally said just give me a pair of those over there and pointed to
some street running shoes that were marked as having an E width. He
asked what size and said I wasn't sure since they were men's shoes.
He brought me a pair, I tried them on, I thought they were a little
too big but he had washed his hands of me and would not acknowledge
my presence anymore. I bought them anyway because I really needed
shoes and they worked out great. I don't even bother making sure my
shoes are trail shoes anymore. It really doesn't make much difference
at all.