[pct-l] Bear Grylls pants

Sergey Shevchenko sg.shevchenko at gmail.com
Sun Jun 16 12:17:17 CDT 2013

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have anything to say about Bear Grylls Survivor Trousers,
compared to other pants from more established outdoor manufacturers?

I used to be fascinated by this guy and bought several items from his
product line. My experience with them has been quite uneven: some of them
are certainly commercial gimmics, but I still think some of them are rather
high quality and well thought out.

However, I still can't make up my mind about the Survivor Trousers. I like
how technical they are (pockets, stretchable panels, perfect fit), but I
can't stop doubting their breathability, despite what they claim. Every
time I hike in them, it feels like it gets decidedly swampy on the inside.
I also have some other pants (Kuhl, REI's own line), but I can't tell
whether they perform better. I probably should try hiking in both under the
same conditions to make a good comparison, but maybe somebody already has a
clear opinion.

Thanks!
--Sergey