[pct-l] the aches and pains of the geezer hikers

Ed Jarrett edjarrett at msn.com
Tue Jun 11 14:02:18 CDT 2013

Amen.  While there is some mental appeal to doing a thru hike, I know it is just not going to happen for me.  I am only 60, and in reasonably good condition, but I know that doing the PCT in a single season would end up as a death march that I would not enjoy.  But I do enjoy spending a month during the summer slowly making my way along the trail as a south bounder.  And my wife enjoys traveling along in the car and meeting up with me every few days.  I love having the support, and she loves exploring the trail near road crossings and the other sights and towns accessible by car.  It is a win-win for us.  Seiad Valley to Donner Pass and then Rainy Pass to Stevens Pass this mid July through August.

Ed Jarrett (Eeyore)Blog: http://aclayjar.blogspot.com/  Twitter: https://twitter.com/EdJarrett53 Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ed.jarrett.71