[pct-l] Filter vs Purifier

tsparks56 at aol.com tsparks56 at aol.com
Mon Jun 3 17:34:00 CDT 2013

Hi Carol,
As far as choosing between a filter or purifier it really depends on your level of comfort and knowing your body.  Many hikers have used Aqua Mira, plain old bleach and Steripens without ever having a problem and they would probably work for me as well. But, I have always had a crappy (literally) digestive system most of my life and I just don't think I want to dodge behind every bush along the trail from Mexico to Canada next year on my thru-hike. For this, I have always carried a filter system and, so far anyway, have not had a problem.   If you think you can get by with a purification system, try it for a couple of days and see how it works for you. It will save a little weight in the pack.

Terry