[pct-l] Sierra River Crossing

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Sun Jul 28 09:44:34 CDT 2013

One day inthe spring three men were hiking along the PCT in Evolution Valley in theSierras.  All at once they start to heara roar in the distance.  As they continuedto hike the roar got much louder.  Suddenlyas they came around a corner the raging water was in front of them.  It was fast and fearsome.

The firstman prays, "Lord, please give me the strength to cross the river."  Poof!  Lordgave him big arms and strong legs and he was able to swim across in about 2hours, having almost drowned twice.

The second man prays, "Lord, please give me strength and the tools tocross the river."  Poof!  Lord gave him a rowboat and strong arms andstrong legs and he was able to row across in about an hour after almostcapsizing once.

The third man prays, "Lord, please give me the strength, the tools and theintelligence to cross this river." Poof!  He was turned into a woman. She checked themap, walked a short distance through the brush to a bridge over the ragingwater.