[pct-l] Schroomer: Desert Section Water Thoughts During a Drought Year in Fall

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 22:45:42 CDT 2013

Hey Ken and Debbie,

Rheinhold is right.  I'm sure you are confusing me, humble little thru hike
mushroom picker, with the King of the PCT, Scott Williamson.  Don't feel
bad, the post offices have done it several times too when I've been given
Scott Williamson's resupply box and thankfully noticed the handwriting
wasn't my wife's.  I have over 50 years of backpacking under my belt, but
only started thru hiking in 2010, a wet year on the PCT.  I knocked out the
CDT last year too, but don't begin to presume to have the thru hike
knowledge of Scott Williamson or so many more on this list.  The year I
thru'd the PCT, I did hike 350 miles of it in the deserts in Oct. and
didn't have any trouble finding water, but again, that was a wet year.

Have a wonderful hike, and I'm sure Rheinhold is right about Williamson
looking better than me, hell, I'm a geezer and he's still a strapping young
trail hunk I'm sure!

Shroomer