[pct-l] Solo Female - Leaving Boyfriend At Home

abiegen at cox.net abiegen at cox.net
Thu Jan 24 12:28:17 CST 2013

 Hi Abbi,

I forgot one helpful item on my list:

Make sure your boyfriend has a project. While Piper was hiking in 2008 I gave myself the project to rebuild my outside deck on my house. It kept me busy and out of trouble with little time to sit and think and worry. It was also nice to be free to work on it at any time without  having to stop for dinner or other things that couples do together. My neighbors would come over and talk about the project so I had people to interact with and they often invited me over for dinner since they knew I was alone with Piper on the trail. The deck got built and everything worked out fine. When she hiked again in 2009, I didn't have a project so it was easier for me to get bored, lonely and antsy. So i know it helps to have that big project keeping you focused.

Good luck,

TrailHacker

"When my feet hurt, I can't think straight"
Abraham Lincoln