[pct-l] Women & Underwear on a PCT Thru Hike

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Tue Jan 22 19:13:02 CST 2013

I had the underwear I was wearing under my hiking pants and that's it.

When I got to town I wore a skirt or a dress. At first I mailed the
dress to myself. Later I bought a skirt in Ashland and just carried
it with me. I went commando in the skirt and my windbreaker while my
clothes were in the laundry.

In places with no laundry and just a shower, I showered in my
clothes. I used my underwear for a washcloth. I wore my skirt while
my clothes dried in the sun or else I just wore my wet clothes.

I did not wear a bra. I had a tank top with a shelf bra or I just
jiggled along in my t-shirt.