[pct-l] Tent vs Tarp Tent

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Mon Jan 21 14:47:40 CST 2013

Good afternoon, Kelsey,

You don’t even have to borrow a tarp.  Find a piece of cheap – but thick –
black plastic sheeting like what is used for landscaping; cut it to the
size you want to try; install some duct tape folded over the corners  and
sides for line anchor points; and pitch it with your trekking poles.  It
won’t last a hiking season, and it will probably be heavier than a real
tarp, but using it will probably tell you what you all want to know – all
that is except whether you are afflicted with bug-a-phobia like Diane.  You’ll
have to wait for spring to figure that out.

Enjoy your planning,

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye
http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09/