[pct-l] Burn Bans

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 15 21:27:16 CST 2013

Daniel,

I think campfires are prohibited in all of the National Forests of Southern California in areas where the PCT passes through. Stoves that burn twigs and stoves that do not have shut-off valves are also illegal. They fall into the category of "open fires". Check with the individual N.F. ranger districts to verify. We have had too many human-started wildfires over the years on the PCT.

MendoRider-Hiker