[pct-l] boots

Michael michaelgallo at videotron.ca
Sun Jan 13 06:56:37 CST 2013

Hello all,

I know that a lot of people suggest a sort of hiking runner and at least
5-6pair for the entire pct.  I like ankle support, not that I have weakened
ankles or anything like that, but just in case.  So I am wondering what are
the kind of boots that are not overkill to hike the pct and have ankle
support.  I have a pair of leather vibram soled hiking boots that I thru
hiked the AT with and I still have them. They are about similar in design to
the Alico Summit Backpacking Hiking Boot.  I wonder about them being heavy
for the PCT.  Can anyone suggest a selection for ankle supported hiking
boots for the PCT?

Thanks!

Michael