[pct-l] Food Box Advice - Freeze Dried Eggs, Butter, Cheese

b j xthrow at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 4 12:49:05 CST 2013

Hi Everyone -- Sorry about my repeating 'emails on the PCT' message -- somehow it was repeating automatically each list digest -- it seems to have stopped now -- hopefully this email won't inspire another similar hiccup! :-)

I'm starting to think of wholesome food box options.

Those with experience with freeze-dried cheese, freeze-dried butter, and freeze-dried egg powder...

Does it last (in a ziploc or foodsaver bag) at room temperature for 6 months (in your box)?  How did you make it last?  How long did it seem to last?

Did you like the taste?  How did you doctor it up to make it more appealing?

Did it rehydrate well?

Thanks!

-Rhiannon